Welcome to the downloadpage of CRS for Windows!
You can download the Crash Recovery System for Windows here. After installing this application, the relevant edition of the Crash Recovery System can be selected (Lite, Standard, VIN, RDW, RDW+, Road Assist).
Minimum System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 10
- 2GB RAM Memory
- 32GB Storage Space
- True Color display with XGA resolution (1024x768)
Replaces the old Windows-32 bit and UWP application.
Suitable for installation on both 32-bits and 64-bits Windows 7 and 10 operating systems.
- New category Trailers has been added.
- The search function can be shown or hidden in the settings menu.
- Support for special characters in vehicle designations.
- The selected state (for North-America) in the last number plate request is automatically preserved.
- Improved security in the Windows installer.
- Increased stability through various improvements.
- Issue with displaying rescue sheets from older database versions has been resolved.
- Improvements in vehicle selection by number plate.
- A Search function has been added to the manual selection procedure that allows a quick search by make and model of the vehicle.
- For the emergency responder editions of the Crash Recovery System, extra OEM information (if available) displayed as online PDF-documentation has been added. This information can be found under the 'pdf' buttons at relevant information screens in the CRS.
- Various user interface improvements.
- Adjustments to the process of displaying text information, with the main aim of reducing the database size. These improvements will be available for vehicles from the October database update. Please note that this app update must be installed to use this- and subsequent database updates!
- Error messages are displayed more clearly.
- Added Recovery button in Rescuesheets for Road Assist Edition
- Connectivity improvements have been made.
- The title of the component information screen now has the same colour as the relevant component in the CRS Rescuesheet.
- After a request from the local fire brigade on the Faroe Islands, it is now possible to retrieve number plates from the Faroe Islands
Version 184.108.40.206Bug Fixes
- Support for new ISO symbols.
- Multiple performance improvements regarding the communication with the Moditech Cloud infrastructure.
- Several bugfixes.
Version 220.127.116.11Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the initial database could not be downloaded.
- Improved application stability.
- Non-admin users can now activate their license while in demo mode.
- Manual selection scroll position will now be reset to the top after selecting a result.
- Downloads can now be retried when a connection time-out occurs.
- Fixed multiple UI related bugs.
- Support for new categories such as construction vehicles and vessels
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) selection can also be done now by using the new Optical Character Recognition (OCR) with a camera.
- Austrian license plate selection with OCR has a retry option in some cases.
- The license plate OCR camera view shows a warning when there is no internet available.
- The license plate OCR camera view has received a redesign.
- Various translation enhancements
- Fixed an issue with failing software updates.
- Fixed an issue in manual vehicle selection for some vehicles where selection ended in a blank screen.
- Prevent an error message in some cases for the VIN barcode scanner.
- Austrian license plate input field has been split in two parts to make entering these license plates more convenient.
- An extra selection layer for rooftop types has been added to the vehicle selection.
- VIN barcode scanner support has been added.
- A setting for showing the shutdown confirmation window has been added.
- Fixed an issue where the background update scheduler would sometimes not run the update process within the set time window.
- Fixed multiple other background update scheduler related issues.
- Fixed an issue where specific text wouldn’t copy to clipboard.
- Improved translation of the buttons within the rescuesheets.
- Fixed multiple UI related bugs.